Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sunday's Bakers Dozen

1) Greg and I, along with several other friends, made our way down to Edwardsville, IL to visit his brother Rob (his girlfriend Stephanie goes to school there too) and attend a Blackhawks game in St. Louis. It's sad, but because the Hawks won the Stanley Cup last year, the tickets, gas, etc. were all cheaper than buying tickets for a Chicago game.


2) As you can see in the picture, Greg is growing out a mustache. He is not allowed a beard at work, but mustaches are acceptable. Neither of us are fans of the 'stache, although I have wanted him to grow one for a while to see what it would look like. He is growing it out for a charity that is raising money for Cancer research. All of the guys at work are participating.

3) We are both looking forward to the night when Greg shows his mustache off to compete for the best 'stache (there is no way he is going to win) and can finally shave!

4) Treats for a Halloween party:

This one is my tribute to Greg's mustache^^^^^^^


I found the recipe in the newspaper and was shocked at how many people really loved them. It's just Rice Krispie Treats with a package of Jello added to the mallow mixture before adding the cereal. I added orange sticks for the stems and decorated them with frosting, which dripped a lot, but was very yummy. :) I think I can adapt this recipe for a lot of different treats.

5) Here is a picture from week 16:
7) We are going to find out what sex Seamonkey is on the 22nd of this month. So far the baby has been very active every time we listen for it's heartbeat at the doctor and I am feeling it move a lot. To the Zarko's this means a girl and to the Molloy's this means a boy. :) What do you think?

8) Every time we go to the doctor we are treated like we are too young to be having a child, and I am always asked if I am staying active in school. I guess that I should take it as a compliment that I look young, but so far I have been really offended. :( Greg and I are thinking of changing doctors.

9) Greg and I bought a "fake" Christmas tree. We really wanted to get a real one every year, but realized that it would probably be way to expensive for us. If we are ever fortunate enough to live near a forest again we will start getting real trees every year. :) It was fun to pick it out together, especially since we did it so early and avoided crowds as we get closer to the holidays.

10) We are having Thanksgiving dinner at our condo!

11) We need more room in our condo for our tree! Right now it is standing up in it's box in the corner. We have a couch that is AWFUL that we think we might be able to get rid of by the time we set the tree up.

12) We have until the 15th to decide whether we are going to sign to renew our lease. We love our home, but don't feel like there is enough room for the baby and all the STUFF that comes with kids. We have looked at a couple of places, and graciously, the folks we are renting from have agreed to let us sign for 6-8 months instead of for an entire year.

13) Greg and I walk to church, which is just about a mile away, if that. Today on the way home we saw a coyote! At first Greg didn't believe me and thought it was just a dog, but then I howled at it and it started acting more coyote like. We were both amused by the little guy.

No comments: