Sometimes I am just ready to be done, even though I haven't really been counting down yet...and the prospect of no sleep with two kids isn't thrilling me.
Even though we haven't formally met Nora yet, just from the way that she moves I feel that she is less aggressive than Ben. I am really hoping that is the case and that she is an even tempered child. Ben isn't bad at all, he is pretty easy going! He does best now when he gets to be outside for a while each day, and he is showing more and more his desire to be independent.
Greg's last shift day I was completely exhausted, and to be honest, I was struggling just to get to bed time. I kept bursting into tears as Ben and I were reading stories and dinner made everything worse.
Dinner started by my leaving Ben unattended and too close to the table cloth.
See below and note that I refrained from screaming and/or crying.
This is how dinner ended. He did eat some of the peas, he is smiling, and we are both alive. I'm counting it as a battle won.
I am thankful that Ben desires to be so helpful, even though he is still learning exactly HOW to be helpful. Here he is helping with the laundry.
So this week our main goal may have been survival...we are looking forward to a better week next week...after all, we have someone's very first birthday to celebrate!
What we are listening to today:
No comments:
Post a Comment