Update on car:
Went to get the oil changed and have it looked through. Apparently my oil pan has a small hole in it due to rust. The hole is just the right size that the oil doesn't pour out the pan, it just slowly leaks and covers the whole pan in oil. The pan should cost about $150 and then another $200 or so in labor ought to cover the expense of the little hole. I love my car. The windshield wiper squirter thingy works now, that and clean oil are pretty much the only things that made me ecstatic about my visit to midas.
Update on house:
No pictures yet, but I am all moved in and have been working for the past few days. The parents are gone so I just help one of the kids grandmothers (Mema). I've really enjoyed it though, and think that it will be a welcome break from school once the semester is underway.
Update on Greg:
The job interview went well this morning. Greg is staring part time on Elmhurst's fire department as a medic, which basically means that he will hardly ever work but will come in if another guy needs to take the day off and can't get anyone to cover for him. He found out that he is number one on their hiring list too, so as long as he doesn't get hired any where else first, he will be hired in Elmhurst as soon as a position opens. The sooner all of this happens the sooner Greg can pay my amazing car off. :)
It's only been a few days, but Greg and I are adjusting pretty well to being a "normal dating couple", living in the same area but not living in the same house. The only part that sucks about it is that I am so used to everything being close to me now that I think driving 8 miles just to hang out with Greg is too far. I have to laugh at myself because in Idaho I drive 10 miles for a Klondike bar.
Update on Miscellaneous:
I got my Illinois driver's license yesterday. After waiting for an hour and a half to have my number called I had to take their written exam. It was a pathetic joke. The only question I missed was about passing stopped school buses, which is illegal in Idaho at all times, but legal in Illinois if there is more than one lane of traffic.
I tried to whine to Greg about how long I had to wait but Greg said that he waited over three hours. I didn't have to wait at all when I got my license in Idaho. (Chalk another one up for Idaho)
Side note- Idaho driver's licenses are cooler looking than Illinois ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment