I am thankful for my parents. My parents raised me to be intelligent, rational, strong, and independent. They constantly exhibited that all people are equal and should be treated with respect, which I see now is not something every parent teaches their children. They prepared me for my future, and now that I am an adult they are not overbearing, or critical of the person I have become. This is something that I value greatly and am very thankful for.
I am thankful for my brothers. Sometimes we flat out hate each other, but those instances are forgiven and through it we know we can always go to each other if we needed it. I am thankful for being homeschooled so that my brothers and I could grow as close as we did to one another. And I am thankful for all of my bad cooking that they ate and critiqued so that I could become the cook and baker that I am today.
I am thankful for my fiance. He is a very hard worker who is determined to be the best man that he can be. Today is seven months to our wedding date, which leaves me thinking more of our past than our future as we are just a few days away from our 5 (6?) year anniversary (of the day we met, we don't have an official "we're dating now" date). We have been through a lot and I still like him, though there have also been times when I have flat out hated him. We have grown together, and for that I am very thankful.
I am thankful for my friend Julia. She recently put together the invitations for my wedding and is getting very excited for my wedding, which is a breath of fresh air for me. One night a week or so ago I was on the phone with her and I could hear the warmth and excitement in her voice, it made me feel so loved. If I had a sister I hope that she could be as wonderful as Julia is. I am so thankful for her friendship and the inspiration she gives me. I think I might live vicariously through Julia....and I might be okay with that.
I am thankful for my friend Frances. She is very level headed, yet very fun. She is incredibly encouraging and loving. We don't talk to each other enough, but I don't really talk to anyone enough. When we do talk though it is for hours. She is a great person to bounce ideas and thoughts off of and has helped me develop my faith tremendously. Frances is a tough woman with amazing potential and I am thankful that I am in her life to watch her as she becomes the woman God designed her to be.
I am thankful for my grandparents. I wish I knew them better, but I have no one to blame for that but myself. My grandparents are very cool people who make me proud to be a Molloy, make me realize the importance of every person, make me thankful for my life, and appreciate my family.
I am thankful for my church. The thing that I am most thankful for about my church is the opportunity to worship with other Christians. It is such a blessing.
I am thankful for the place that I have to live. The couple I live with is so welcoming and fun to be around. They are teaching me through our life together the importance of marriage and the secrets to its success. I am very thankful for Charlie and Betty.
No comments:
Post a Comment