A moment that I would relive is the first time that Greg and I met in person.
Because of our weird "dating" situation, I had been talking almost every day to Greg for more than a year before we met in person. It was crazy because even though we hadn't ever met in person, we both had a very real feeling that we would be married someday. I even remember talking to my mom about it possibly being the moment that I see my husband for the first time and how I would always remember it.
I do remember it and think of it often. It's probably one of my most clear memories.
When we hugged for the first time, right in the middle of everyone deboarding one of a few flights coming into Missoula International Airport, it was like my entire past and my entire future collided at once. I was only slightly aware of everyone around us, but it really felt like we were in a little bubble.
Greg made a comment as he held me about how it seemed like forever. We both laughed because it had been forever! We had never met in person, but everything felt so familiar, like we had lived the moment before.
My mom and I often talk about how we really should have had a camera ready, because we both kind of knew that Greg was the one. But I think I am glad that I don't have a picture of the moment that we met because the memory is so sweet the way that it is in my mind and I wouldn't really want it altered with the 3rd person perspective.
This is a moment that I often relive in my mind because it is such a great reminder of how much we have been through and how our love grew in the beginning and continues to grow today.
No comments:
Post a Comment