Saturday, August 20, 2011

Moving, Moved. Moving.

Well, we are moved. WEW.
It was hard to move into the in-law arrangement with Greg's parents because everywhere we went to put something away, something was already in its place. We had already decided to keep the majority of our things in storage, but even the closet in the bedroom had things in it. So before we could put anything away we would have to clean out a spot, clean the area (such as cupboards) and then put our things away.

Although I am very happy with how clean the kitchen cupboards and floors are now (although I still need to make a little room to get the rest of my food put away), I am most proud of our closet transformation.


This is the before, note that everything on the right isn't ours.

This is the after!

Greg and I decided that we needed to go through our clothes AGAIN and donate even more. We went from all those bags to just this for both of us. :) It feels a lot better, and now we have a more realistic idea of what we own and what we might need to complete our wardrobe. We found that Greg is pretty much set, but that most of my clothes I have been wearing since high school, so it's time for not only an update, but better fitting clothes.


I've been waiting until we were moved to build Ben's high chair, I didn't want another thing to move. He loves it. Especially during meal times when he gets to be up with us and we still get to eat.





Speaking of which, Ben loves making and eating blueberry pancakes. He is still not a fan of rice cereal though. That's alright with me though, as long as he is eating healthy. He actually prefers tomato sauce now to applesauce.
Disclaimer: Ben doesn't eat full portions of anything, he just enjoys tasting everything.

Oh yeah, Greg's last day at his current job is TODAY. It feels very weird, though we are both excited for the future. We have been looking for places online and drove around for a while to see different areas we thought we might like. There is a house that we LOVE in our price range, a reasonable distance from Greg's new work. They aren't showing it until next week, but I really hope we are able to move there. It has a huge yard and there is a corn field in the back!



No comments: