Friday, August 3, 2012

Feverish Friday!

Generally, this week I am very thankful that we are home safe and sound. After last week's adventure across Wisconsin that finished off with a mad dash to Peoria for my brother-in-law's wedding, our summer should continue at a slower pace. 
Saturday night, after a hectic day without a nap, Greg and I realized that Snowflake was no where to be found. We frantically called the hotel we had stayed at the night before, and the parents of the bride. I felt TERRIBLE calling them the day that their oldest daughter was married to look for an old stuffed toy! But they searched their house, and even searched the pasture that we took pictures in looking for Snowflake. They didn't find him and Greg and I took a moment to mourn and then swore to never speak the snowman's name again. Right when we pulled into the driveway, Kelsie's dad called to say that Snowflake was found by the playset in their yard. Greg and I were proud that it took the insanity of the last week to lose him, and that technically, it wasn't us who lost him, but a friend who had taken Ben to the playset. Needless to say, it was a happy day yesterday when the mail came and we could again speak the name "Snowflake". Right away, Ben took Snowflake and retreated as if to let us know he disapproved of his absence and to catch up on all the happenings since the two friends had been separated. 



It turns out living out of a suitcase, and changing locations every night for a week has gotten to poor Ben. 

 We had started potty training on Tuesday, since he seems to be ready to get going (though the jury is still out), but he has a fever now and is really lethargic. I think it might just be teeth, but we aren't planning on going anywhere for a while.

And honestly, that's okay, because we need a little while to settle down. We've been enjoying watching the Olympics this week. Nora is a huge fan of the United States.


And she has started rolling over. :) Greg was even here for the first time she managed the feat, which is something that he missed with Ben. She is such a happy baby!



No comments: