Sunday, March 10, 2013

Two Weeks Later

Alright, so the last few weeks have been a bit busy for us, I honestly can't remember every thing that has happened, but here are some highlights:

Nora turned 10 months old. She claps her hands, walks when holding fingers, laughs hysterically with Ben and is his sidekick in every adventure, fell against something in her room and got three bruises and scrapes in one day earning her the nickname "bruiser", and decided to get croup the day that we moved, which was particularly wonderful since  I really did not want to sleep at all the first night in our new house. 
I tackled the croup head on, amongst piles of boxes, and it cleared up by the next day. I think it really bothered Greg. He kept saying how quickly it could turn and how he was useless without his ambulance. I just got out the vapor rub and eucalyptus essential oil. BAM. Mom wins again. Stupid croup. 

We moved. Which is always so humbling because you really honestly do not think that you own very much stuff until it's all sitting in your living room in boxes staring you down. Try as I might to be a minimalist, I just can't part with little rubber ducks from high school friends, or jars from my great-grandmother. And we honestly do not have THAT much stuff. We were completely unpacked by the next day and that was with the croup. It's just that clothes seem to multiply volume when out of a closet and in a box. AND WE DON'T EVEN HAVE THAT MANY CLOTHES. 

Of course, even though we extended our lease from  December to March in hopes of good weather, we moved right between two major snow storms, which was a hassle and added to our "to-do" list. It truly is just our luck that made it so that the last week of February/first week of March has worse weather and more snow than the middle of December. 
We once planned to move in August in hopes of good weather and had a hail storm that left us with 4 inches of hail on an otherwise humid and 80 degree day to move in.

Our new home is very comfortable and it is reassuring to both of us to feel that this is our last stop before we buy a home. Let's hope that is how everything works out. 

The half marathon is seeming like an incredibly terrible idea. I have been running in our new neighborhood a few times, but not as long as I should be by now, having not run at all for two weeks. There are a lot of hills here, because of the lakes, and it is making it more difficult, which I am hoping is to my advantage. The weather isn't helping out that much either. 

I am fasting from sugar for Lent. Now that really is a terrible idea. It was very hard during the move, and I failed a few times. But I think it is getting easier and I am becoming more disciplined. I did not realize how often we would have sugar, whether it was dessert when the kids were in bed, or just a treat during the day. It has been eye opening and has made me realize that I should probably take steps to change these habits in my life after Lent. 
For now, I am counting on a lot of Easter candy. 

 

No comments: