What can I say this week but that I am thankful that my strength comes from the Lord?
It's been a busy and emotionally straining week as Greg's grandfather had a stroke and we live the closest to his grandparents, so naturally helping is most convenient for us. And Greg's schedule is more accommodating too. It's just that family tensions seem to overcome reason and empathy in these situations (and in this family).
Besides all that, Ben got to try out his new skates, and was a pro!
Greg turned 27, although there wasn't much celebrating with everything that was going on, I did make him a yummy Samoa birthday cake, which turned out splendidly.
And Nora is beginning to inch herself along tables, chairs, couches, and even Ben's firetruck to take steps.
I have only run one mile in the last week. Awesome. I am going to be so ready for this race.
And we decided to move on the first of the month. So I need to get packing on this house. ah!
I gave Ben a haircut today because he is looking a little shaggy. The hair in the middle of the back of his head is really short and funny because of the way he sleeps, which makes his hair stick out awkwardly. So I tried to kind of trim everything down to blend with that. It looks okay, but I can see where some spots weren't as even as others when I cut it.
It seems like his hair is happier though and even a little curly now that it's got less weight on it.
Ben and Nora have been fighting colds, getting up at 5 AM, and have generally been on the crabby side. Today Nora slept from 7:30-11:30 and woke up much happier! I am so glad she was able to get some good sleep. She is also breaking in more teeth and I imagine that sleep helps make her feel much better.
No comments:
Post a Comment