Thursday, April 18, 2013

Race!

I finished the half marathon! My time wasn't exactly what I had hoped it would be, but that is partly due to the lack of training, and that I stayed with my friend who I was running with. She was having problems at the beginning of the race and needed help to push through. 
It was such a great experience, and even though I hurt myself (hip, knee, foot issues), I would still like to run more half-marathons in the future. 

During the race I ended up following someone else who had a good pace. Even though I wanted to stop and let her get away so many times I just stuck with her. It made it much easier mentally to finish. She turned to check for a friend and I asked her to keep going, since she was helping me so much and she did! I was so grateful for her. She stopped at one point for her friend while I continued on, it was so much harder without her and I became more aware of my pain. She caught back up to me and got me through the last mile of the race. I am so glad that she was running the race and that she was so kind to me. 

I haven't been running since the half-marathon, we have been busy and my foot/knee are not healthy, and I find that I am really missing it. 

I hope that running is something that I will continue doing throughout my life. 

No comments: