1) Oh boy, it's Saturday. It's been a week like that. So here is this week's post.
2) Song of the week. Forever Like That, by Ben Rector.
3) Needed it after the last two weeks. Wowzers.
4) The neighbors dog bit my arm over the fence. Thankfully I had a long sleeved shirt on, but youch! It's killing me now, since it's bruised right above the wrist. What am I supposed to do about this? I'm sort of terrified that he will break through the fence and hurt the kids. :(
5) College roommate Kia came through (again) for the kids and sent them Converse shoes. My kids were in heaven. They already have several miles on them.
6) The weather has been nice, I can't remember if I posted about it before or not, but we tapped our maple trees. I boiled down the sap this week and we got a quart and a half of syrup that tastes like sweet liquid butter. It's amazing. The problem is, everyone wants to share and I am a little possessive since it takes so long to boil it down. I boiled the sap for about 15 hours!
7) Greg is working today, but the kids and I went to dig ferns from his grandfather's house to plant on the shady side of our house. Then we picked up all the sticks and leaves from that side and burned them all. It's been challenging getting a good grip on that side of the house, we cut seven mature trees down over there last Fall! The wood is haphazardly piled, and there was a lot of garbage and dead bushed over there. It is almost all tackled.
8) I have ordered 30 bushes to grow as a hedge along that side of the house, along the fence (help with the dog problem?), and then some serviceberry bushes/trees to fill in open spaces, the ferns are closer to the house, and I built a path through the area last Spring, so now I just need everything to come together and grow!
9) I pulled all my seed starting supplies out yesterday with half an intention to get them started today, but I think it can wait until next week. I keep reminding myself that I need to just do one project at a time, and that I need to build time into my days to stretch, lay down with my feet up, and relax for a little bit.
10) I have a pile of half done quilts and a stack of fabric for skirts waiting for me, I keep thinking that I will get to them after the kids go down for the night, but then I am exhausted, so I need a couple really rainy days to keep me inside. ;)
1 comment:
Excellent song!
Did you tell the neighbor the dog bit you? and next time, I'm calling animal control?
It's not like your kids are even trying to get their fish bait back.
Post a Comment