Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Ten on Wednesday

1) I haven't been feeling to stellar. I haven't been sick, but I just feel like I have been trying to run a marathon with my face pressed into a brick wall. Today was the first day in probably a week that I haven't felt like my head was stuck in a tornado all day.

2) I should rest more.

3) Sometimes the kids get along sooooo well. Life is just great and we feel like we are not only rocking parenthood, but life in general. Other times, it's horrible, crying, screaming, tears. So sad. So mad.

4) We tapped the maple trees over the weekend and immediately got about 5 gallons of sap! Then we got a snow storm and cold weather and the sap isn't flowing.

5) Amelia turned 2! She had a good birthday and was showered with gifts from the neighbors. It made us realize what an impact simple relationships can make. She also got a stroller, a bike helmet, a vacuum, a turtle pull toy, and a new story. I scored a lot of good stuff at thrift stores. :)

6) I put all of Ben's firefighting equipment in the basement for a much needed break. I have been contemplating it for a while, but dreading what would happen. It hasn't been that bad, and I realized how much hassle that toy can cause. See #3.

7) Going from 50 degrees to -3 is really hard. NO MORE COATS.

8) Ben got a nice enough hand-me-down coat for this winter, but it proceeded to fall apart, which is understandable because it had been through numerous children. I haven't wanted to buy him one to finish this season out, so he's been wearing a blue girls coat that is Nora's. He decided he doesn't care. I'm grateful, because he really didn't like his boys coat that is too big and I just think it's silly to buy a coat for a few weeks.

9) I've been so tired that I am usually having trouble staying awake past 7ish. Ugh.

10) If you haven't seen the movie War Room (and you are a Christian), I would recommend seeing it. We just watched it, and it made me realize that while I pray a lot for others, I don't think I pray for myself and my own circumstances as much as I could.

No comments: