Thursday, July 7, 2016

Catch up!

1) The garden looks good, but I am fighting crabgrass like none other and my right hand cramps and is soooo sore from pulling weeds. And it's still completely taken over the strawberries, carrots, beans, and pretty much the corn. It's roots make it so that I destroy my vegetable plants if I pull it, so I end up just leaving it there and hoping my plants survive it. The other crops I am somehow miraculously managing to keep weeding.

2) I thought the garden looked amazing and then I saw a picture from last year. I see some of my crops aren't doing as well at all, but I am trying to see the crops that are doing better than last year, and to also remember that we have a new baby.

3) The kids are in the pool almost every single day. It's amazing and we are so grateful we have it.

4) Nora's hair turned green from the pool. We haven't got it completely back to blonde yet, and we are trying out swim caps to try to protect her hair. I should probably give the kids a bath every time they are in the pool, but that is not happening right now. Nope.

5) I have been in the pool once this year. Besides recovering from birth, I have been living the very real struggle of a totally unpredictable new baby.

6) I had a bunch of flour go bad from the humidity, so we decided to have a flour fight with it, which was amazing. At the very end Greg and I were running and throwing flour at each other, when we collided and I somehow managed to poke his eye. He was supposed to be working a 48 hour shift the next day, but couldn't open his eye. He ended up not working for a week. It was horrible.

7) Before said flour fight event, Greg had a stomach virus. I think that I had it too, but, being a mother, I am not allowed to get sick, so besides staying closer to the bathroom than usual, we just plowed through. I am not sure if the kids had it, I think Amelia did.

8) The pediatrician is concerned that Nell has breastmilk jaundice. I took her to the lab for the blood work, and just found out, a week later, that they didn't get the information to the doctor, so I still don't know if I should be concerned or changing anything! It's very frustrating.

9) The Owner's Manual for Christians, by Charles Swindoll. The book I am finishing up now. Amazing since I had to read it with very frequent interruptions. It is very thought provoking and I highly recommend it.

10) I am so tired. I think everything is catching up to me. I basically slept 11 (interrupted) hours last night and I still woke up tired. blah. I dream of renting a hotel room somewhere and just sleeping for 2 days.

1 comment:

John said...

Poked him in the eye, eh?

"It's always fun until someone gets hurt." - Famous last words.

Love you guys - Dad.