1) Idaho was absolutely wonderful. As usual. There wasn't enough snow for Lost Trail to be open when I first got there but the conditions continually improved while I was home and we were able to go snowboarding. Unfortunately I told my mom that I would spend the last day I was home with her and missed out on the best powder day because we had to shovel, shovel, and reshovel snow at home.
2) We were able to sled a lot while I was home. I have such great memories of sledding and I love the fact that even now that I am "old" I still have no problem settling onto a piece of plastic thin enough to be Gladware and be pulled behind an ATV at 20-30 miles an hour.
3) While I was gone Greg was offered a full time position as a Paramedic on the Elmhurst Fire Department. Of course he accepted the offer and is now working full time there and part time at the ice arena. Greg is still looking for a Fire/Medic position at another department but this is definitely a step forward. This job is a wonderful blessing and we are very grateful for all of the prayers that we received while we were waiting.
4) I only have one class during January, which started the 5th. It's a Catholic Religion course and so far I really enjoy it. I also really enjoy that I have two days a week that are school free!
5) My 21st birthday was Sunday. It's pretty exciting, I now have another "liberty" that I will not take "full advantage" of!! Woohooo! Now I have to get a new ugly Illinois drivers license. :(
6) There is a blizzard warning for tonight and tomorrow morning. It's kind of exciting, except that I won't notice any of it because I live in a basement and I usually don't even know if the sun is out or not. Maybe I can catch the blizzard on t.v.
7) I subscribed to the Salmon newspaper. I just love reading the Recorder Herald, there is something about it that is very comforting.
8) Greg's dad bought me a hockey stick for my birthday! I am so thrilled about it! I have been practicing stopping and I'm getting pretty good at it, and now I can practice stick handling too! Last year I got a football and this year a hockey stick. Too bad I had to wait until I was old to start getting cool presents.
9) That's all for now. Hopefully I can get back on track with my posting. I hope you all are doing well! God Bless.
4)
No comments:
Post a Comment