Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spring Break

1) I know it has been a long time. First school was really hectic, then my computer crashed, which made school even more hectic. Greg bought me an external hard drive so I could back my pictures up and now my computer appears to be working fine. Everything in my life seems to work better when Greg sinks a little money into it.

2) The last two weeks of school had either something due or a test every day. I started crying when Greg was helping me with a Spanish test, and while I was in the middle of a Communication Theory test I actually started falling asleep.

3) I walked in the Elmhurst St. Patrick's Day parade with the youth group. It reminded me of walking in the Fourth of July parade with Helga in Salmon, except there were significantly more people and more impressive floats.

4) I vow to make it to Chicago's St. Patrick's Day next year so that I can see the river dyed green.

5) My mid-term assignment for my art class was called "the meaning of square" which I know is a funny name, but I really enjoy what my designs turned out to be and I think I might actually frame them because I like them so much.

6) I rode the train for 22 hours this last weekend so that I could go visit friends in Nebraska. I enjoyed the train ride so much that I am thinking of making the trek to Idaho via train next time I head that way. The train is so much more relaxing and fun than planes and a lot more stress free. I have decided that train is still the way to travel...even if you have to get on the train at 4 in the morning.

7) It was such a blessing to be able to visit the Ford family. They are such a strong family with so much love. I had an incredible sense of calm about me the entire time I was there, even though their youngest child (5 months) had an ear infection and was sick. I am very privileged to have such wonderful people in my life. Thank you for picking me up and dropping me off in the middle of the night! I can not wait until I am able to come visit you again.

8) While I was using Launie's blow dryer stopped working and was smoking. I had a funny feeling when I plugged it in that it was going to break or something but when it actually did I felt awful! I am so sorry Launie!!!

9) Launie gave me her old sewing machine so that I would have something to play around with. The bottom of the case has seen better days but other than that it is in wonderful condition. I got some funny looks getting on and off of the train with it but, of course, the best look was from Greg who took one look at me and shook his head before opening the trunk for me. He just laughed when I got into the car. I am very grateful for my new sewing machine though and can not wait until I get to use it!!!! What a wonderful gift. Thank you. :)

10) When I got home I was informed that everyone has been sick since I left (its good to be missed). Pete had the flu over the weekend and the boys have some sort of a virus that is making them have runny noses and irritated/oozing eyes. It is gross and I am doing my best not to get it by washing my hands every two seconds.

11) I have my garden all planned out. I have bought all of my seeds except swiss chard and seed potatoes. I can't wait until I am able to get stuff in the ground. I plan on starting some seeds inside on Friday or Saturday. Greg is even getting kind of into. I can tell because he decided to extend the gutter over part of the garden bed because he is concerned that rain pouring of the garage might hurt my plants. :) I think he loves me.

No comments: