Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ten on Wednesday

1) I have eaten the first salad of summer from the garden. What a wonderful feeling. It is always so hard for me to wait to pick the lettuce until it is ready to eat, I make it a habit of checking it every single day until it is okay to pick. Someday I will become more patient.

2) Grandma Lesniak ended up having a pacemaker put in on Friday after having a cardioversion *spelling* done where the doctors almost lost her. It was a very scary and stressful week.

3) Grandma was moved to a rehabilitation center after being out of the ICU for a few days but this morning she vomited and went unresponsive so was rushed back to the ER after being in the rehab. center for less than 24 hours. It looks like she has some internal bleeding from her blood thinner. Please say a prayer.

4) Greg called me while I was working to let me know that someone had backed into him while he was backing out of his parking spot at the hospital. The cop decided it was Greg's fault with no explanation. Go figure.

5) Greg's accident reminded me that it has two months since our last catastrophe. I am starting to think that there is something we are being punished for.

6) Pierce is stringing together phrases now. It is very exciting! He tells me to "come on Betsy" and "hold you" (to pick him up) and a bunch of other cool ones. Connor has some phrases too but he refrains from pulling them out because he doesn't want too much to be expected of him.

7) I like getting the boys to say things like "fo sho" and "shiznit." I don't know if their parents approve. :) I taught them to pound-it after a high-five, sometimes they even initiate it now.

8) It has been determined by several important people with big degrees that they boys are not autistic and are probably not sensory. The above named important people have suggested that many of the "problems" with the twins are linked to behavior and discipline. hmmmm.

9) I have a pretty good tan going on for it only being June. I am so glad I am not working in an office.

10) I don't know if I have said this before or not but the wardrobe I would require for being in youth ministry versus public relations is enough to make me want to be in youth ministry.

11) 2 months 8 days until Idaho!

No comments: