Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Summer!

1) Greg and I went to Six Flags on Saturday for a half day. I needed to get my season pass processed and we were responsible for going to visit Grandma that evening. It was wonderful being able to go do something by ourselves. I feel guilty for feeling so good about being alone.

2) I have a terrible sunburn on my shoulders from being at Six Flags on Saturday. This is how I know it is summer time.

3) Emmett was riding a big wheel down the driveway the other day and for some reason decided not to stop. He ran right into the van that was parked at the end of the driveway and flew over the handle bars, hitting his head on the front fender. The whole thing was like a scene from America's Funniest Home Videos. To top it off Pierce was pitching a fit about having to wear shoes and Connor decided to flip his bike over on himself right after I got Emmett calmed down.

4) I got my very first pool pass ever! I had to get one for work so that I could go with the boys all the time but it's kind of exciting.

5) We had some terrible storms on Friday night. I was a little scared, but there weren't any tornadoes or anything. Just heavy winds and a lot of hail. The garden took a pretty good beating.

6) We now have snap peas in the garden! It's so exciting, I just stand in the garden eating them and I haven't had any make it into the kitchen yet.

7) Emmett has started walking down steps without sitting. :) I've been working with him on bending his knee when he is stepping down and surprisingly it is catching on!

8) Grandma is doing a little better. She really wants to come home but doesn't have a lot of strength and struggles using her left side.

9) I still don't like the humidity but I know that I am much more comfortable with it than I was this time last year.

10) I have been in Illinois for a year now. I have one year of college left. Crazy. God is good.

No comments: