Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thankful Thursday

This week I am very thankful for the diaper sprayer that Greg made me last week. Ben's diapers didn't seem to be getting clean in the wash and I thought it might be because I wasn't really rinsing them before I washed them. So Greg went through the process of making and installing a sprayer for me. Now I think that the smell is because of our water. :( I was really excited to be on a well instead of city water because in Idaho well water is so much tastier. Let's just say that being on a well in the Midwest is a huge headache. We've started buying water instead of drinking the well water because the salt from the softener that we HAVE to use to remove the iron was making us retain water. Yuck!

I am also thankful for the worm bin that my in-laws bought me for my birthday. I know it's a little weird (or completely insane), but we have worms living in our dining room that eat pretty much all of our food garbage. They are still getting settled, and I am still getting them all figured out, but it's been very interesting so far. I am excited to see how the entire process pans out and how their compost works to grow in.
Here is a link to the "worm farm" that I have.
I would have never paid that much for a bucket for worms, but it was a gift and it's going to make it a lot easier to compost. That and Greg said I was not allowed to keep worms in a trashcan in the house...and since he made a diaper sprayer to attach to the toilet, I think that I will accept the gift.

And finally, I am thankful for the gift of 12 hours of sleep that Ben gave me the other night. I couldn't believe how amazing I felt when he woke up at 7:30!!!

No comments: