Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thankful Thursday

This week I am especially grateful for the portion of our budget allocated to eating out. It's not much, but it's enough that we can afford to get a meal out when our monthly menu isn't agreeing with us, and when the prego-nausea strikes.
I've been trying to make a lot of meals that I can freeze for when the baby comes, but we are getting tired of casseroles. When I realized that once we actually eat the meals on our menu, plus the portions I have frozen, we would have eaten casseroles for almost 2 months straight, I decided we might need to revamp the menu.

I am also very grateful for the gift of window markers from Ben's aunt Kate. Ben absolutely loves them, he is a huge fan of coloring right now.



Last Friday we visited the zoo with some friends.
This picture is great, because you can tell that most of us were all pregnant at the same time last year. This year two of us are expecting!


Greg took Ben on the carousel, mostly because he knows how much I enjoy carousels. Ben wasn't horribly impressed. My heart is a little broken.

We had a fairly warm day last week, and Ben was bouncing off the walls a bit, so we filled the pool with warm water for him. He LOVES it. Hopefully he loves it all summer long.


Other than that, we have been battling a terrible rash that has renewed my thankfulness for Buttpaste, which seems to do the trick every time. I don't know why I try anything else.

I have been trying hard not to focus on how close we are to the due date, but everyone else seems to be thrilled and are constantly reminding me. I still need to finish packing our bag and Ben's bag for the hospital, not to mention getting the car seats set up.

No comments: