Thursday, April 26, 2012

Thankful Thursday

This week I am thankful that I took the time to get my hair trimmed. I didn't do this when I was pregnant with Ben and I hated all of the pictures that people were taking of us right after he was born because I felt terrible. I didn't take care of myself and I think that makes a big difference in how you feel. 

I am also thankful that my weight is fluctuating a lot right now. I can not tell you how encouraging it is to get on the scale at the Doctor's office and see that I lost three pounds in the last week. Because I've been gaining okay and I hadn't lost all of the weight from my pregnancy with Ben, there really isn't any concern about hurting the baby. 

I am thankful for this recipe, which has made the last week bearable. I am able to trick myself into thinking they are healthy and not so bad. Then when I have a huge chocolate craving I feel a whole lot less guilty about having a cookie...or two, or five. 

Greg had his first fire this week. The entire department was all giddy. They don't get fires often and thought that they were going to have to wait five more years for their next fire. I'm thankful it was an easy fire to put out and that no one was hurt. 

Ben realized that he can make it on one nap some days. I am not a fan. I can not explain to you how much I am not a fan. 

Ben also realized that he really doesn't need vegetables to survive. I am also not a fan of this. However, I am really thankful that the kid is addicted to pasta and I can mix the pasta with blended vegetables and sneak them in on him. 

I think Ben is trying to potty train his snowman, I keep finding him like this. 



He is also climbing on/in everything!









I am usually very thankful for Greg's schedule, which makes it so that we can spend a lot of family time together. But, this is the type of day that I wish he went to work everyday, but came home every night.


This is how Ben decided to eat his snack today. He refused to eat anything that wasn't on the floor, and he had to stand on his head to really enjoy his snack. Did I mention that he skips naps some days?

No comments: