Today I am thankful for watermelon, air conditioning, and our water cooler chilling our drinking water...even though to coolest the air conditioning can get the house is eighty-something (I've stopped bothering to look.)
| Ben and Momma eating watermelon |
We celebrated our anniversary on Tuesday. We were mostly just tickled to have the day together that neither of us bothered to plan anything. We feel really lame about that, but during this season of our lives, it's okay that we didn't do anything "special" besides enjoy watermelon.
| "Baby Eisenstein" video as a special anniversary treat. Can you tell it's Greg's favorite? |
| This cake turned out a lot better than I thought it would! Strawberry Yogurt Cake, I can't wait to taste it! |
It's for my brother-in-law's (Robert) wedding. He is marrying my good friend Stephanie. Both of them stood up in our wedding and our Ben's God-parents. Greg and I are honored to be standing in their wedding. I think I am crazy for taking on the portion of the food that I am responsible for, even though the worst is over.
Ben had a rough day without a lot of attention. I think the heat was bothering him too, I know it was pushing me to my limits. I didn't snap a picture, but he discovered he can climb on to the couch himself if he pulls the cushions off. He then climbs up the arm rest to turn the light switch on and off. He thinks his new shoes to go with his wedding suit (he is the ring bearer) are super awesome.
He pushed every limit he could more than once today and then topped the day off by pooping in his bath. I most certainly was hoping I would have the opportunity to scrub the bath tub today.
Greg has one more 48 hour shift (that starts the day after the wedding ~sad~), gets one day off, and then works the 4th of July. But we get to spend the 4th at the fire house with the other families of the guys on shift, and Ben might even get to ride in the parade with Greg!
No comments:
Post a Comment