This week I am thankful for the Lord's healing. I have been struggling immensely with depression since Nora was born. It is very hard to share your struggles with others when you are going through something like that, and very hard to describe the feelings you are having, mostly because it's hard and embarrassing to admit that you are thinking such dark thoughts when you know that everything in your life is such a blessing and truly is wonderful.
That being said, somehow I finally found the strength to do some research on depression, and while there isn't much available on post-postpartum depression, I decided on a few small diet changes and on increasing the amount of some simple vitamins, such as B and C. I almost immediately noticed a difference. Our bodies are so amazing, and for that I am thankful.
Other things that we did to help were buying disposable diapers for now (holy cow!!! How do people afford to use them regularly? They seem so expensive to me.), and we joined the YMCA so that I am able to get out and do something active each day. It gives me a small break from the babies to balance out, and it ensures that I get to move and be healthy.
Nora is a month old now! I can't even believe it, I kind of feel like I missed a lot of her first month. It was probably due to being depressed, but I also think it's simply because she has been such an easy baby compared to her brother.
Not that we aren't a fan of this kid though! He has been so much fun lately, even though he is teething perpetually. He loves the pool at the YMCA, being outside from the moment he wakes until bed time, and has recently been caught "driving" anything that remotely resembles a vehicle.
Ben in his fire gear....and Ben playing with matches. Awesome.
Making his Father's Day card.
And Driving his combine.
No comments:
Post a Comment