Friday, July 13, 2012

Fun Friday

This week has been really hard. I have been very short tempered and have had a hard time not flipping out on Ben, which in turn makes it hard to care for Nora. Sometimes, it's just hard. And that's okay, this is the season of life that we are in. 
But all the struggles to not just lock the kids in their rooms while I sit outside in bliss have made me feel pretty negatively about my kids, and about life in general. Because when you focus on the bad stuff, the bad stuff is all you see. You forget that while this really is all there is to life, life is so much more. And no matter what you choose to do with your life, it's always the little things that make it sweet, make it incredible, and make it worth all the effort it takes. 
Reading over some of my past blogs I realized that in my effort to not brag too much about my kids, I have made them sound like they are always a handful, which they aren't. To be honest, we never leave the house without receiving at least one compliment on our kids. I know that they are young, and a lot of the compliments are on how cute they are, but Ben is receiving more and more genuine compliments on his personality, demeanor, and behavior. He is a really good kid. It takes TIME. It takes EFFORT. Lot's of EFFORT. But having a happy kid that other people want to be around means a lot. I know that I am setting him up for success in life. 
So here's to my kid being a kid! Here's to us just having fun and not worrying about if we are in the whatever percentile for height and weight! We are worried about getting to Heaven, not getting to Harvard! 




Fourth of July Parade
p.s. There are ants crawling all over our house like crazy! I have taken to homemade blends of poison in an attempt to kill them...I think it's working. Ben has become and excellent ant spotter and stomper in the interim.

No comments: