Saturday, July 7, 2012

Saturday is the new Thursday...

We've been busy and HOT! The heat index has been around 115 degrees for the past few days. It makes 90 degrees feel so cool and also makes you very lethargic. But I am grateful for the relief of A/C, and after being at Greg's parents without power (due to a storm), I am once again thankful for electricity. 
It's been a long time without rain too, and all the plants are stressing out. The corn fields around us look like agave fields because it is so dry, and everyone has stopped watering their lawns so they are all brown and crunchy. 
 Greg was on shift on the 4th of July, so the kids and I went to be in the parade with the other families of firefighters on shift, and afterwards we enjoyed a potluck. The guys pulled all of the equipment out of the bay and gave the kids hoses and water balloons. They loved it! Ben had a great time, and the other kids were very courteous to him. It reminded me of the 4th of July celebrations in North Fork...except maybe even cooler. 

Greg's brother Rob got married last Saturday! We are so thrilled for him and his wife Stephanie. The ceremony was very beautiful and their reception was a blast. However, it was very exhausting and we are kind of ecstatic it's over. Ben couldn't handle any more excitement. 

With all that's been going on, the house was a disaster. In eight days, Greg had only been home about  four hours. So I took advantage of his first "regular" days home and we all pitched in to get the house back to "normal", even Ben got in on the action.

Nora has been busy turning two months. :) She is such a happy girl! She loves to talk, giggle, and play, especially in the morning.  Ben was also very happy in the morning, my brother Robby called it "happy hour" and it seems Nora also believes in happy hour. 

She also seems to enjoy her new white cuddly from my friend Kia. We are excited she seems to have a favorite toy for sleeping. We are not excited it is white. 

Other news: 
Ben woke up with his diaper off and poo everywhere this morning. Greg was at work. Typical. 
I am glad that I have the skill of operating a generator, it came in useful with the power outage at my in-laws. 

Quote of the week: 
Greg concerning laundry: "I am just so tired of the little clothes." 
I couldn't agree with him more. 

No comments: