2) I bought myself a bicycle! Because my job doesn't start until August and I only had a few weeks to find and work at a job until then I decided to just wait until August before working. This meant that I would be able to go on the bike trip across Wisconsin! I needed to buy a bike and I will need a few other things (like a helmet), but they are things that I would have bought anyway.

It's an older bike, we think from the late '70's to early '80's, but it is in absolutely beautiful condition and it rides like a dream. It was made in France by a company called Motobecame. Needless to say, I am in love.Picking it up was a bit of a fiasco because the man I bought it from didn't give us very good directions and we ended up driving about an hour longer than we should have. I enjoyed seeing some of the little farming type of towns that aren't very far from here. It's a lot different from Idaho but you get some of the same feelings from the people.
3) The bike trip is next week!
4) The day that I got my bike Greg and I decided to take our bikes out for a spin. He hadn't ridden his since the bike trip 2 years ago so he needed to tune it up a little and make sure everything was working properly. We were about a mile or two out from the house when he ran over a nail and flattened his back tire. It was so frustrating! Then I got my chain jambed and that was even more frustrating. After we got my chain unstuck I rode back to the house and got my car to go pick him up. It was not a very good day for us.
5) Saturday night I was able to babysit the little boys that I will be nannying.They were so cute. One of them, Peirce (the oldest) is very independent, while the younger twin (Connor) is more cuddly and wanted to sit in my lap the whole time. The baby (Emmet) just likes being smiled at and pulling his brothers hair. I thought it was funny because you could tell the older boys would be mad but they were too scared to do anything so they would just back away once I got Emmet to let go of their hair.
No comments:
Post a Comment