Sunday, July 27, 2008

5 on Sunday

1) After having to deal with insurance and stresses all last week Greg and I were very grateful when it came time to go on the annual Coast to Coast Wisconsin bike trip. Greg has been on it 7 or 8 times and this was my second time. It was so wonderful to be able to take a little time to relax and refocus after having had such a hard week. One of the days Greg and I opted to take an alternative route that made it so that we biked over 100 miles. It was such a good feeling and I was not as exhausted as I thought I would be. Besides the wonderful physical challenge, and the time we were able to spend in meditation with God, we had a good time with our friends and family. I was able to get to know my friend (Robert's Girlfriend) Stephanie a lot better, and we stayed up talking almost every night until about 12:30 before biking the next morning. It was hard for us to decide to go with everything going on, but I really think that it was the best thing for us and we had a very good time. I'm just a little tired now.

2) Greg bought me a new car the day before we left for the bike trip. It is going to make things a little tighter for him but I am grateful that he felt it was a priority. The car is another Subaru, a '96, is in better condition and a lot few miles than my other one. To top it off, it was only a $1,000 more than I had paid for my last one. And this one even has air conditioning!

3) Greg's parents bought him an older ('90's) BMW for graduation....it on the condition that they get his current car that they will then give to one of his brothers. They paid less for it than Greg paid for his car and it has fewer miles as well, so it works out good for everyone. After Greg saw the car and drove it a little bit he came up to me and told me that my car would be the family car! How fitting, as I drive a station wagon. I think it's okay though because I told him that when we get our motorcycle it's going to be mine. :)

4) During the bike trip Greg got a call from the fire department that he did his internship time at. They were setting up an interview for him for this week for a part time position! The person who talked to him told him that the job was his and that he really just needed to meet with the chief and that he wanted him to have experience on the department because the next full time position that opens there is his. That made the trip a little bit sweeter and the reality of returning from vacation a little less painful.

5) I move into the house that I will be working at next week, but this weekend we are going to West Virginia to go white water rafting. I am excited to experience another river other than the Salmon. I really miss the Salmon a lot, especially when it is hot and the only water I can get into is the pool.

No comments: