Thursday, July 3, 2008

First blog

So I thought that instead of always trying to constantly be telling the same stories over and over again in order to keep everyone up to date on the happenings in my life now, I would create a blog so that you could just log in and check it out for yourself. :)

For now, moving here was an adventure but I am so grateful that the journey was safe and that God goes where you go so that no matter how hard this can get I will be able to turn to Him for comfort and strength.

Highlights of the trip where being able to spend time with family.
We were able to visit my grandparents
Stay with my aunt and uncle
Visit cousins of Greg's (no picture :[ )
And stay with Frank and Launie and their gorgeous family. :)It was wonderful to spend time with everyone and we hope to be able to see you all again soon. Thank you for inviting us into your homes and for feeding us. :)

My Subaru is still running like a champ and we have yet to hit 200,000 miles so I am pretty excited about that.

I got the nanny job that I've been looking at for a few months now, and to top off that blessing the family asked if I would be interested in living in their basement and trading rent for work! Their house is beautiful and it is just a short way from my school. I am so astounded at how well things are going here that I am possitive that this is where God wants me to be. Otherwise you would think that it would be a little harder for things to come together.
That's all for now. :)

2 comments:

HisBaby said...

Hey you!
You sound like you are doing great there! I am praying for you!
So I have 12 bulletin boards ready, some door tags, and Frances and I are currently working on our floor t shirt. Not bad huh? lol
I miss you!
Keep in touch!
-Tiffany :D

Anonymous said...

We are glad you are both ok...saying prayers that you heal quickly. We are so happy that everything is working out for you..
We love you Tom & Lorrie