1) I do not like getting up at 6:30 in the morning to listen to someone tell me about their religious experience as an 11 year old and then tell me that he will not read my papers that are due once a week because he has nothing to learn from me. But I have hope that he will improve as a professor.
2) Greg and I bought the clips for my sports rack today (I think Greg was tired of talking to me on the phone as I wandered around the parking lot looking for my car). having bought the clips today I predict that the rack will be on my car by the end of the third week of September.
3) I've been looking at getting into sea kayaking while I'm in Illinois. I found a couple of groups that give lessons and rentals for beginners and then offer trips for you as you advance in your skill. I'm going to keep looking around but I think that I am going to start saving money so that I can join next summer.
4) REI has this great deal where you join as a shareholder in their co-op for $20 and then get 10% off of everything for the rest of your life. It includes discounts on rentals (kayaks) and work on gear as well as invitations to gear exchanges/sales that are for members only. Greg and I figured it was worth it to join because we would save $20 in 10% discounts there in no time. Later it dawned on me that if we buy a $2,000 Kayak than we will save $200, making our $20 seem like nothing. I was pretty happy.
5) I am ready for Fall to start. Every once in a while it occurs to me that I don't live in Idaho anymore and that I need to get used to the weather here. Well, I am ready to experience the cold weather here now. I have my sweatshirts out and at the ready and I am memorizing the Notre Dame football schedule. I am very prepared for this Fall. Now it needs to hurry up and come.....3 days until kickoff. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment