Sunday, January 1, 2012

Self-feeding Confession

I would not recommend that any parent {accidentally} teach their child to self-feed in the manner described below.

It seemed like months that Ben would move food around his tray and never quite get it into his mouth, even when other things were getting into his mouth. I just kept giving him food every couple of days on his tray to see if he would get it figured out. Then one day we happened to stop into and Krispie Kreme doughnut shop and see this.


Anyone who knows Ben's love for his snowman would understand why we just had to get it for him.
So we decided to get it and let him have at it like a kid with cake on his first birthday. And wouldn't you guess it, the kid had that snowman gone in no time and ever since then has been self-feeding like a pro.


Now I just need to figure out how to get him to drink from a cup by himself.

No comments: