Thursday, May 3, 2012

Thankful Thursday

This week I am not going to complain about being pregnant even though I am all of a sudden having a really rough time doing anything and getting around in general. I am grateful to be blessed with children...even if the thought of the pain of child bearing/rearing is extremely daunting...again.

That being said, I am still really grateful for naps. This whole adjusting to one nap, still needing two sometimes thing is killing me. I was hoping he would wait a few months to go to one nap, since I knew the transition would be hard. Sometimes I just want to leave him in his bed to cry it out, but after a while I can hear that he is so upset that he is throwing up all over the place. So OKAY I take a double LOSS, no nap AND I have to change the sheets. AND Ben is all upset. 

Insert my father's thoughtful and compassionate e-mail response:

Ben came up with some sweet new dance moves this week.
Note that we don't need music to dance in this house!

Some other things that Ben is doing include putting his dirty clothes in the hamper (toys sometimes included), unloading some of the silverware when we use the dishwasher, getting the hang of putting away toys, waiting for help to step down the stairs, discovered belly buttons, picks stories out to be read, puts toys and Snowflake into recycling and other garbage receptacles. Recycling toys has caused us to implement the newest house rule: No recycling your friends. We are deathly afraid of losing Snowflake.

The spider, ant, and silverfish saga continues. I'm not even going to go into the details of the horror I experienced as I watched Ben trying to pick up an enormous spider that proceeded to climb up the inside of his pant leg.

No comments: