Saturday, September 29, 2012

Better than nothing

Although it was a personal goal to post once a week this year, being reminded that I haven't posted yet this week is really annoying and makes me want to end my goal. I guess I am thankful to have readers though....even if they are annoying. 

Greg was gone most of the week, which made it weird. It's just different when he's not around, which makes me thankful for him. It just gets boring cooking for yourself and not talking to adults all week. It never feels worth it to make a "real" meal when it's only you, so you don
t eat right, and you just feel weird the whole time. Greg wasn't even able to call to talk, so re-reading "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See" became a little mundane. And let's just be honest, any guy who watches this with you so you don't have to watch it alone, and goes to thrift stores and totally scores a dresser, runner sled, and wooden children's table for $20 is someone that you just want around.

On the up side, Ben is getting even better at his bear growl. 

I got this in the mail this week. It's refurbished, but AMAZING. I took over 300 pictures the first day. It's so nice to be able to get a picture of a kid with their eyes open, and without a flash. I am so grateful to Rob and Stephanie for the $$ that they gave us as a thank you for helping them with their wedding, I wouldn't have been able to afford it otherwise. 

Very first picture taken with new camera!


Notice the painting project that was abandoned after camera arrived.




Ben learned to blow kisses this week, of course we see this as a huge developmental milestone that's been reached. 


Ben also raked a lot of leaves with Mom. Our favorite part was burning the two huge piles!


Oh, and I taught him how to push me on my skateboard....I'm getting him ready for sledding season. My neighbors think I'm cruel. 
 

Nora...she thinks that she's awesome. 
 

And she's right. 
 

Last Saturday, we went to the "Shades of Autumn" celebration. The kids loved it. Ben was a huge fan of the animals.


And both kids enjoyed the corn, even if Nora doesn't look like it. 
 


No comments: