Sunday, January 13, 2013

Thankful Sunday

I am thankful that we are kicking this cold that seems to be taking FOREVER and that only Greg has had the flu so far. 
I am also thankful for one of the best birthdays I have ever had. I even got to sleep in! Greg baked me a cake, and got me some great presents, -a few garden tools, a garlic press, two Christmas movies, new shoes, and spiles to tap his parents maple tree with!

I took this picture (the view from here) for my photo challenge and realized that a photograph a day is too much for me. Perhaps I will try a photo a week.


During our colds, Ben decided that sucking your nose isn't so bad, and decided that he much preferred doing it himself.

.

Starbucks is selling reusable cups for $1 as part of a campaign to keep paper cups out of landfills. Since Ben thinks coffee is a great treat (which it is in this house!) we decided to buy one to get him to drink tea while he was sick. 
It worked. 
 No. Honey. Required. 


Nora turned eight months old. Has the time flown for anyone else? 
 



She is such a good and happy baby. We love having her in our family. She loves playing peek-a-boo and giving high-fives. She especially loves following Ben everywhere and trying to play whatever he is playing, even hockey, which makes her Daddy proud. 


I started making us breakfast shakes as a way to get us more vegetables. I put everything in them, like cabbage, spinach, and beets...and they are delicious. Ben gets really excited when he sees the blender on the counter. I'm a little surprised, but if I can sneak him an apple and beet under the guise of strawberries and bananas, I'll take it. At first Greg was very skeptical (sometimes I get the sense that he wishes he married someone more normal when I offer him cabbage and milk for breakfast), but he has been enjoying them too, and even asks for chia in his shakes. I mixed chia seeds in the first few batches, but I felt like Ben had way to much energy when I did that, so I just put flax seed in them now for Ben and Nora, and add Chia to mine and Greg's. It is a much better distribution of energy that way.



No comments: