Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thankful Thursday

I always feel like I have so much to be thankful for- this week's top: two new top teeth, time spent with family, the amazing work the chiropractor does, and pseudo potty training.

This poor kid keeps trying to get through the tiny gap between the couch and the wall. Ben did this too. It's amusing, but I feel so bad that they can't quite figure their way out of it.

On a more positive note, she got two top teeth today!!! She has even figured out how to grind them together already!


Of course,  today has been one of those days that you feel like packing your kids in a box and mailing them somewhere. I am just not sure how to help Ben figure out the final step of potty training. He is close to perfect when his bottom is bare, but as soon as he has underwear or pants on he has an accident every ten minutes, even directly after using the toilet. It is very puzzling. 

So, today, he helped himself to marshmallows, peed on his sister, stashed away some cheerios on the bookshelf, did his best to ignore me the entire library visit, and so many more wonderful little treats. Not that we didn't manage to have fun, it was just that I said "no" more than "yes" today, and it's so exhausting.



I've been working on my goals for this year! I have already finished one just-for-fun book and I registered for my first half-marathon. I hope that wasn't a mistake!

1 comment:

Grandbanana said...

Put my name and address on that box.