I am thankful for many things in my life this week (chocolate being one of them), but I mostly feel like sharing this article that I came across about just enjoying our families.
It's not just moms that are targeted by the pressure to perform in our world, but I think that moms really are effected greatly by the internet as it's an easy way to engage in the world while we are "stuck at home" with the kids.
We put to much pressure on ourselves and on our kids. We all suffer.
I overheard a mom at the Y telling her daughter that she qualified for a swim meet, the daughter, who I have overheard being pushed by her mom over and over to perform in the pool didn't even know what she had qualified for. How sad.
This mom was trying so hard to push her daughter in this area that is obviously not a passion for her daughter. Why?
Why do we have to be great at everything?
We don't.
If we don't just enjoy each other than we won't even know what our passions are and we will waste the little, oh so precious, time that we have with our little ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment