Thursday, January 3, 2013

Thankful Thursday

I guess I'm back...I'm afraid that if I stop blogging once a week, I will get out of the habit of blogging at all, and I really don't want that to happen. I feel like blogging sort of holds me accountable when it comes to maintaining some record of our daily life. So with that bout of enthusiasm....

Welcome 2013

Today I am thankful that we have made it another year. We have grown much in the last year and we have some wonderful goals we are working towards as a family in 2013.
We know it's not going to be easy, but we are working towards saving even more for a home. We have a plan and are encouraged to see our savings growing already. It's probably our biggest goal, and seems to drive many of our decisions lately. I am excited to see how God will provide for us in this area of our lives. 

 Some of my other goals for the year include a date once a month, running a half-marathon, growing at least 3 vegetables (they might end up being in a container depending on where we live), volunteering in the community, keeping up with baby books, memorize one new verse each month, I have two quilts in mind that I would like to make, and I would really like to read a few books that are just for fun, though I don't want them to take away from my bible time.

I truly considered taking one picture each day as a challenge for 2013. I found a list online of one word prompts for each day of the month (ex. heart-take a picture of a heart or something shaped like a heart).  I have a feeling this goal would become quite burdensome and annoying, especially since my attempts at photographing a heart ended with Ben in my lap shouting cheese while Nora screamed nearby and a picture of my feet is all we accomplished. I think I might just make it a January challenge and take it from there. 




The one other picture I have taken so far was "new". I chose my new pot, because I am a little in love with it right now. I used gift money to buy a moderately priced stainless steel set of cookware from Costco...yes, I could have put it in the house savings...but the food is so yummy from this set (not that it sucked before) and they are so beautiful. They have been on my wishlist for years now, so I am okay with the expense. 

 

Nora really picked up crawling proficiently the other day. I was so proud of her and was encouraging her when Ben laughed maniacally, ran to her, and climbed on her back for a ride. At first she thought it was great, but then became frustrated she couldn't get her belly back off the floor. She seems to be the very best at crawling when she is upset and wants to be picked up. She crawls quickly to me and then whines at my feet until I pick her up. How wonderful! 


 Ben has suddenly decided that he is an adult. It really is kind of wonderful. I keep his dishes in a cupboard at his level, and he has finally figured out that he can get his own water, instead of bringing his glass to me. I have to watch him, and sometimes he still needs help, but he is growing so much! It is a pleasure to see him becoming so confident in himself and his abilities. I still don't rush him into anything, he just takes it slow and then takes off one day. 

Ben carrying toys in the baby carrier. He really wanted Nora in there. If he could even handle the weight of the diaper bag I might have let him give it a go.






 

No comments: