1) Greg and I decided to add a verse to our focus of the year, so I looked up contentment in the bible and found this verse. Wowza!
"But godliness with contentment is great gain, for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world."
1 Timothy 6:6-7
2) I've been reading this book, and it's amazing. Very convicting and worth the read for every mama. Hands Free Life
3) Last year I picked up the newest book in the Flavia De Luce series by Alan Bradley, and after the first chapter, I decided that I wanted to start with the first book. Murder mysteries aren't usually my type of reading, but I have loved this series! They are so good, and are really funny, without being vulgar at all. The first book is Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie, if you are interested.
4) It's been Chicago Cold here the past few days. It gets so bitterly cold here in January, and it's especially shocking when you've been having warm weather. The wind chills have kept us at -20 below, so it's not as bad as normal, which is more like -40.
5) Ben is getting the most stir crazy (besides me), but Amelia keeps doing ridiculous things, like climbing on the coffee table to sing and dance every time I leave the room. It's especially amusing when she undresses first.
6) Amelia started potty training and so far is the best at it, but I think I started her later than the others (But I can't really remember if Nora started before, or after we moved). And Amelia has had the example and support of her siblings, which she wants desperately to be like, so I think that has helped a lot.
7) Ben has had a horrible cough for about 5 weeks, and Nora for about 3. It hasn't been all day, but rather in bouts, but it has been bad enough that it causes them to puke from coughing so hard. We finally decided to take them to the doctor, who is convinced they have whooping cough and that Amelia is starting as well. We did cultures to confirm, but we started antibiotics anyway, you could tell that he was concerned I would get whooping cough as well, and after being so sick at the end of my pregnancy with Amelia, we decided not to travel that road again.
8) I spent most of my birthday at the doctors office and at the hospital in the lab. I felt terrible that I really just wanted to go for a walk...alone...but I think that's sometimes what happens when you are a mom. We were all going to go out for dinner, but because the kids might have whooping cough, we decided to come home instead. It was already late, and traffic was bad because of snow, so Greg dropped me and the girls off to start dinner (and get Amelia to the bathroom), while he and Ben ran to get the antibiotics. The kids decided they didn't want dinner. Luckily salmon is good cold.
9) Sometimes, when you have plans to accomplish big things during nap time, you sit down for a minute and wake up an hour and half later wondering what happened.
10) Quote of the week: "Mom, I am an expert at collecting sand...and at closing doors." -Nora
No comments:
Post a Comment