1) Ten on Wednesday because the goal this year is to blog once a week. Again. For me. To remind me that we did stuff. And on Wednesday because Tuesday's are busy for me....and I forgot yesterday, so Wednesday it is!
2) Don't get too excited.
3) I love Winter. I love the coziness of Christmas. The lights, the warmth, the cuddling. I'm done with the stuff though. I'm done with this tree, and the cards, and the pillows. And I feel a little guilty about that.
4) I love Winter, but even the kids keep telling me they don't want to go outside, and they don't want to hike. But I am done cleaning the floor and picking up toys!
5) Major goal for this year: Contentment.
Greg mentioned wanting to work on contentment as a family since we are done with most of the "absolutely have to in order to live in the house" type of projects. So, besides maybe the floor in the living room and a few outside projects, we decided to just try and not change anything and really focus on being content.
6) Have I mentioned I hate our kitchen floor?
7) Amelia has discovered the power of "mine". She loves saying the word and seeing what reaction she can get from her siblings. Usually, the first thing she says in the morning is "mine", boldly declaring something belongs to her before she even gets out of bed. It's not a lot of fun for anyone.
8) Quote of the week goes to Ben. "I don't love you Mom. I only love Dad. Except when Dad is at work, then I guess I love you."
9) Nora's attitude was kind of rotten for a few weeks, I don't know if it was traveling and Christmas craziness, or being sick, or just being a kid, but it's getting better again, and even though Amelia is being rude and declaring that she possesses everything, Nora has been very kind to her and has been helping to include her. I don't have a sister, but that's sort of how I imagine it should be.
10) I almost didn't make it to number ten and felt daunted by the time I got to number 5, so this is something to celebrate. No pictures, sort of like the family portraits we had taken for our Christmas card that we finally received on the 22nd of December. No Christmas card this year! I guess I have some kinks to work out, but I am willing to live with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment