This week was Halloween, which was really fun this year because we went trick-or-treating with the boys I used to nanny, and Greg was able to go with us! We also stopped at Betty and Charlie's house (I lived with them my last year of college), and at Greg's parent's. Both were surprise visits, and since Ben was a pro at ringing doorbells at that point, he waited all by himself at their homes.
I am really thankful that we have so much fun doing things together. I realize that some families are not as fortunate and it makes me even more grateful for our time spent together.
We started the day with pumpkin carving. Greg cut open the pumpkin and Ben helped clean it out. He was really good at getting all the guts loose.
Then he played in the guts, while Greg carved the design.
Then, Ben took a bath, while Greg finished the design.
During the pumpkin carving, I sewed Ben's costume (that we decided on the night before). During nap time, Greg put together a meat cleaver, and we smeared "blood" on Ben's Butcher apron.
Ben thought it was so cool to get to hold a knife. He kept saying "ouch", "hot", and "no touching".
Nora liked the bucket.
Before we left our house, our neighbor gave Ben his first piece of candy in his bucket. Ben was so confused. So we gave him part of the candy. I think it helped him get the idea. When we met up with the boys, it took Ben a minute to get comfortable with the chaos, and get past some of the decorations. But he quickly caught on and even told people thank you. By the time we got to Grandpa and Grandma's he was even saying "Trick-or-Treat!"
Nora didn't care. But she did like the tiny taste of peppermint patty that Greg shared with her.
All in all, it was a great experience.
In other news, Nora is sitting for long periods at a time! And gets on all fours. She has no idea what to do when she gets there and most just fusses.
And Ben is doing well with two syllable words. In order, his firsts were, Nora, Hockey, Blackhawks, water, thank you, bubbles.
No comments:
Post a Comment